Monday, November 28, 2011

A few years ago, I did a florist design show at a local wholesale house here in my home city of Edmonton Alberta Canada. It was pretty well attended by a lot of florists in the area. I brought one of my employees, Roselle, to help me execute a bunch of ideas that I had. It was a fall and Christmas show. Basically, we make things and show florist different ideas and techniques. Well, for a few years I had been designing what I called at the time the Dr. Suess Tree. (wasn't thinking of copy rights at the time but have changed it to the Who Tree since) I designed the tree to help me use non traditional Christmas colours that were in my cooler at Christmas time that I didn't want to throw away. The funniest thing happened, it became a super popular seller! Not one to hide things, I decided to share this idea with the crowd at the show and they went forth and either used the idea or not. So, a few years later now, I was reading the local paper this weekend and low and behold.....a flower shop here is featured with a half page article about this tree! They describe how it is the most popular seller for them and how they make many versions of this amazing and whimsical tree! I was flabbergasted. You cannot imagine my excitement that someone took my idea and ran with it!! It is so great that this happened! I am truly honoured at this. It made me smile and goes to show you that ideas are meant to be shared for the good of the industry! If people are excited about flowers than we all win!




Roselle helping me with the tree at the design show!
This is this years design!
The Beary Nice Christmas Tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment